8 tablespoons olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1-2 chillies, de-seeded and crushed
10 MSC certified anchovy fillets, drained
80g black olives, chopped (choose juicy black olives with pits and remove the stone before cooking for the best flavour)
400g peeled tomatoes (fresh or tinned)
1 tablespoon salt- for boiling pasta
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1. Heat the oil, then add the garlic and lightly roast.
2. Add the chilli and the anchovies. The anchovies should be disintegrating in the oil - if not feel free to help disintegrate with a wooden spoon.
3. Add the capers, olives and tomatoes, then stir.
4. Cook for 15 mins and if using fresh tomatoes, crush with a fork if necessary to achieve a sauce texture.
5. Cook the pasta as instructed on the packet in the meantime.
6. Add the parsley to the sauce, just when it's ready to serve.
7. As soon as the pasta is al dente, strain and add to the sauce. Mix and serve immediately.
Top with a hard Italian cheese like pecorino or parmesan, they compliment the flavours in this recipe extremely well.