100ml olive oil- for frying
800g MSC certified hake or other white fish
Salt- to taste
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Parsley- to taste, finely chopped
For the sauce:
Saffron- to taste
2 oranges OR 3/4-1 cup orange juice
50ml lemon juice
Cracked black pepper- to taste
Watercress- picked from the stem
1. Heat the oil in a pan. Season the fish with salt and proceed to lightly fry it, gently turning it around until browned all over.
2. Remove the fish from the pan and place it into a casserole dish.
3. Stir fry the garlic and parsley in the oil used for frying the fish.
4. Sprinkle the garlic and parsley over the fish.
5. Juice the oranges (or use store bought juice) and stir it in with the cornflour and lemon juice.
6. Crush the saffron in a mortar and stir this into the orange juice mixture.
7. Cover the fish with the orange/saffron sauce and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes.
8. Plate up, sprinkle some watercress over the top, and grind over some black peppercorns to finish. Serve immediately, eat and enjoy!
Lightly season and fry asparagus stems with roasting carrots whilst cooking the hake and serve together.